The R&D department which builds our DXP (Digital Experience Platform) is looking for a QA Engineering Lead.
As QA Engineering Lead you will be responsible of overseeing and leading the QA efforts across the R&D department which is responsible for building products and services for Neptune’s customers. You will report to the VP of Engineering and be responsible of leading our current QA engineer and active hands-on participation. The goal is to leverage automation as much as possible.
The R&D department has several teams with different tech stacks. You will be responsible to define, grow and improve the QA strategy of the R&D department. You will have one other experienced QA engineer at start which. This is a new role, which allows you to have a significant impact on Neptune’s QA strategy and culture.
Oslo or Remote (UK, Spain, Italy, Sweden, Denmark, Germany, Netherlands, or Portugal).
- Define and lead the implementation of the QA strategy across the R&D department.
- Oversee daily activities regarding QA, especially during release cycles.
- Be hands-on in writing manual test scripts, automated tests, and any other types of testing you think are relevant. Educate software engineers of several teams on good testing practices. Collaborate with and educate other team leads on how they can improve the QA in their teams.
- Define and build the QA culture of Neptune.
- Identify, document and report bugs that are easy for the team to act on.
- Stay current on the latests trends for QA engineering.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Proactive attitude.
- Takes initiative.
- Good communicator.
- Technical skillset to write good code, more importantly great test code.
- Experience with creating an overall QA strategy.
- Loves to automate things and has interest to do so by themselves.
- Driven to learn about the latest QA trends and objectively (to degree possible) choose which to adapt.
- Former experience as QA engineer.
- We don’t expect a candidate that has experience with the entire tech stack Neptune has, however, you are expected be open to learn and work with new tech stack that’s outside your comfort zone.
Which is our Tech stack?
- Databases (MS SQL, PostgreSQL, S4 Hana, sqlite)
- Mobile (Cordova/Capacitor)
- CI/CD (git, github, unit/integration/end to end tests)
- SAP (ABAP)
- Cloud (Azure, AWS)
Why should you choose to join our not-so-ordinary tech company as your next career?
- Opportunity to continuously learn and adapt, especially working in a fast-changing technology company
- Global experience
- An open, fast-paced yet still fun and multinational working environment
- Engaging with almost all team members in our global organization
- Being a part of a certified Great Place to Work
- An organization, where exceptional talents can make a real impact
- Social, open, and modern working environment
- Competitive compensation packages, including semi-annual bonuses
Interested in joining our dynamic and great work environment? Send your CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com
Founded in 2011, Neptune Software is headquartered in Oslo, with offices in Hamburg and London. Neptune Software is a B2B software product company that builds low and no code products part of Neptune’s Digital Experience Platform (DXP).
With a footprint of more than 650 customers and over 3,5 million end users across the globe we are delivering on the promise of ‘digital transformation’ to our clients. We have a diverse group of people of over 30 different nationalities working together. Our culture is one of honesty, transparency, collaboration, and equality.
We are growing significantly so we can accommodate our big ambitions for the Digital Experience Platform!